Monday, November 26, 2007

Revolution Number Nine

I have this amazing friend, who is always building other people up and trying to make them feel amazing. He's one of those really great kids that everyone likes, and everyone wants to be like him. Including me.
He's off to Australia to help people in the most amazing way possible. By sacrificing two years of his life, and serving an LDS mission.
It's that snot (and I call him that affectionately) who has inspired

Universal Truth Number Nine
If people made an effort (that's it, just a small effort) to be kinder, better, less hurtful- think of what the world would be like.
Something as small as saying something kind when you were going to say something hurtful would change the world. We can change the world one person, and one phrase at a time.
Good 'ol snot is changing the world,starting a revolution, one person and one comment at a time-
I'm certain he'll continue do this in Australia... and I'm so glad he was around long enough to teach me this principle by example.
So go ahead everyone, be a snot. Start a revolution.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a really great friend. And I know some people in my life who are just like him. And they are part of the reason this world is still livable. I think we really need to let them inspire us and take Universal Truth #9 to heart.

Anonymous said...

So, I swear I'm not a stalker (what a way to begin, eh?), but I was just browsing through some random blogs and I must say, yours is pretty much amazing. I am a senior in high school and in some odd way, it's nice to know that people in college are still human and don't have it all figured out yet... and that's ok. Universal Truth #9 is inspiring to me because I've been thinking a lot about change and revolutions lately. So, thank you. Keep up the good work.

College Girl said...

Red. You are entirely right, and I love you!

Green eyed girl... I think you sound lovely, and not stalker-esk at all.
Thanks for your remarks, and I hope you will come back and visit when you get a chance.
I most certainly don't have everything figured out, but I'm beginning to see, none of us really do.