Sunday, October 7, 2007

Frustration

I'm not ready to deal with the real world?
Who'd have guessed it? Well... honestly I would have, but even I was surprised at the manner in which I'm unprepared.
Here's the deal, a few nights ago I was angry. That's it, there's nothing more to it, I was so upset I was in tears.
Confused? Allow me to explain. I've never, NEVER been mad at anyone before. (Outside of my family)
Don't misunderstand, I've been angry. Everyone experiences frustration, I just have never before been frustrated with someone.
I didn't even know what to do. I was offended and hurt by the way this friend was acting, and I did nothing. I was hard-core crying on the phone, and just couldn't bring myself to text this kid and let him know he was acting like a jerk.
That's what I mean when I say, I'm not prepared for the real world. I don't know how to confront people. I hate hurting feelings, but I really don't want to allow myself to be mistreated. I'm going to learn how to be very pointed, even when it's not comfortable. I'll find someone out there who will teach me how to react like a grown up... so that when someone treats me like I'm not worth anything I can set Universal Truth Number Six into action.

I'd want to know if I ever did anything to mimic the effect his actions had on me. I'd hate to think I'd ever done anything like it to a friend.
I've never been made to feel that awful, ever. And it won't happen again (as soon as I can figure out how... I'll keep you updated).

Universal Truth Number Six
Take a friendship for granted, and it won't be around for you to make the same mistake twice.

Fine print:
I'm not talking about Universal Truth Six for any friend in particular (don't worry!) I love all of you pepes and am anything but angry. This was several days ago... so even that frustration has all but vanished. I'm also not trying to threaten or sound scary, I'm just trying to figure out what it is that you're supposed to do when you've got a problem... I've never fought with anyone outside of my family, and would like to keep it that way.
You tell me, what do YOU do?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm rather snotty so I'd just punch him in the face......... But since you want to avoid confrontation (which is probably best) I'd calmly tell him that you are hurt by things he is doing. Try your very hardest not to be pointed. Thats how a real grown up handles things. Diplomatic conversation. Whether it's possible, or easy in any case is much different. But do your best to maintain yourself to more civilized efforts as much as possible. It is hard and I fail many times when it comes to this, however it is still the best way to do it. Don't get me wrong though, this must not be allowed to continue. And this young man needs to know about his harmful acts (which he may be fully unaware of). Just try to be as kind as possible in return. Thats what really gets those guilt trips goin. Being nice when you deserve to be infuriated.

Anonymous said...

I'd talk to my roommate or someone I trusted to get an outside, independent view on things. But hey, I'm all about informing the people who care about you when something is on your mind, maybe that's not your style.

Anonymous said...

“Trouble is part of your life, and if you don't share it, you don't give the person who loves you a chance to love you enough.”
-Dinah Shore

Anonymous said...

I dunno if you could trust your roommate. She probably has way bad cooties! ;)

College Girl said...

Thanks for the advice... and no worries, it's not as bad as it may sound.
As you well know, I can be a little mellow-dramatic ...and overexaggeration is a real talent of mine.
But don't worry, we've had our little heart-to-heart... everything's beautiful.

And I really mean that when I say it. Life is Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I gotta disagree with both snot and anonymous... come on. If a boy is treating college girl like a jerk she needs to tell him what's what- that he's the gum on the bottom of her shoe- and find a new guy.
The cute girl that she is... that shouldn't be hard.