Friday, June 26, 2009

The do-nots of I-do's

A good friend of mine was recently married. Being a part of her wedding party gave me a chance to reflect on

Universal Truth Number Nineteen
Weddings aren't very fun.

Weddings suck my soul out a little... and I don't understand it! It's supposed to be the happiest day of the happy couple's life... so why is it so dreadful for everyone else? Think about it, it's a combination of things that absolutely no one likes;
-throwing showers no one really wants to attend
-waiting in lines
-gross cake
-socializing with people from high school you'd rather not see
-wandering around a backyard in tuxes and formals
-buying a gift that probably isn't what the couple would have wanted for themselves

I've decided that my wedding will have blow up toys, a guitar hero tournament, truckloads of cake with the good kind of frosting, and maybe a little bull riding.
If anyone can see a problem with that plan, speak now or forever hold your peace.

No comments: