Friday, September 14, 2007

Life Changes, and that's Beautiful

I've been a little pensieve lately, perhaps it's all the time I've been spending in the library. (studying like crazy)
Through this thoughtfulness an idea has come to light. Things can't remain the same. Change is as certain as a bad hair day when it rains. Am I right here?

We all fight desperately not to change, to prevent ourselves and our surroundings from deviating from the norm. We don't venture outside what's normal because goodness knows what kind of pain lays for us out there. And even if we're suffering, at least the pain is familiar.
But the truth is, we do change. Not all at once, and not even very much. but we find that we have, and find ourselves thinking that this has to be the last time.
We hope that things can stay as they are forever, and we'll never have to change again.

These changes are what makes life unpredictable. At any given time, even in the near future, you never know who you'll be, what you'll be doing, or who you'll be doing it with. These changes are part of what makes life so beautiful, tying us snuggly back into universal truth number one.
Life is Beautiful.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not all change is good you know, the babes don't seem to think so anyway. They run screaming in the opposite direction once they see that my already huge butt has tripled in stature.

College Girl said...

Yeah right.
I'm not sure I agree with you there. All changes aren't easy, but I really think all changes are for the ultimate good.
Remember, that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.

Anonymous said...

Surely you cannot see a positive outcome from having a posterior that moves in four different directions when I walk?

College Girl said...

That's disgusting! And completely not what I meant.
What I mean is that all changes happen (in the long run) for your greater good.
"The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you."
Whatever happens, it's what's meant to be. Maybe you gained wait so that you can better emphathize with those who are larger... and grow from how hard it is to lose it.
Something like that, you get what I mean.

Anonymous said...

Wow College Girl! You sure are smartful! If I wasn't so unattractive I'd so totally ask you on like infinity dates! WOW! WHAT A RIGHTEOUS BABE! Hey everybody! College Girl is hot! And cool! And Smart! And Neat! And magic! And a girl! And in college! And spiffy! And neato! And fantas-diddly-astic! And a babe! And my friend! And pretty much infinity smart! And hot! And brilliant! And hot! And she's a very datable young woman! And HOTTTT! And THE END!

College Girl said...

Yeah, what a good story. Too bad it's fiction.
You can clearly tell from my comment that I'm a goober. I spelled weight wait... and I don't feel that my point was very clearly made.
But thank you for being nice to me any way.
You're the amazing, neato, fantan-diddly-tastic,datable, cool, and magic one.